New HOA & Harassing Neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clusion

Hey Guys, just registered trying to keep my cool and see what I can do about a few pending situations which are starting to bother me.

First is a HOA. We moved into this community when they were just building about 2 1/2 years ago. In the last six months the builder gave responsibility of the community to a HOA (elections held etc). Small community btw maybe 35 homes. I just received a letter stating that all owners in the community have 2 car garages, and all vehicles MUST be parked inside the garage, and NOT in the driveway. The garage can not be used for storage (which is what we use it for). But we have three cars (two parents, two kids). Can they just make up rules like that, and any rules they make up we have to abide by because they are the HOA? I was under the impression we were here before your HOA, this is private property you can't expect us just to go by your rules without having it written into the original home purchase contract?

Another problem I am having is with some annoying neighbors. We have a small dog who weighs about 15 pounds and is about 1' tool (Shi Tzu) and we take for walks, and this lady constantly blames her lawn's yellow spots on our dog. Their are atleast another 6 dogs in our community but she dosen't say anything to anyone but us. She is getting more bold week by week. When my sister walks the dog she yells at her, tells her to get off her side of the street and keep that dog of her grass. Anytime I see her I stay on her side of the street and walk the dog on the road. Sometimes we have guests over as well and they park on the road (driveway is full) and when she comes down the street she will stop before getting close to our house and just get on the horn. This is her way of notifying us their is insufficent room to get by, come move this car off the raod. Now she only does this for our house (because she dosen't like us having a dog or walking it in front of her house i can assume). I see Hummers easily maneuvering by these parked cars on the street while her little 1990 190E mercedes stops. What can I do? What should i do? Ignoring her isn't helping she is getting more bold daily. I said maybe file a restraining order against her for harrassment? Problem is she is crazy and her husband is supposedly a lawyer (as she told us she would sue us if our dog took one step on her grass). How can I send a message I am not going to tolerate her SH*T, letting her know we're not passive neighbors who can be used as a punching bag.

Thanks in advance, glad I found this forum! :)

-Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back