New found Mineral Rights-Nat. Gas in NW LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrcole

Caddo Parish, La - News is biggest natural gas find in USA. Here in NW LA everyone is feeling like Jed Clampet! The Haynesville Shale. My problem and questions are(this may take a minute):in 1988 my father wanted to buy 5 acres of pasture in rural area. He had previously filed bankrupcy so asked me and husband to buy it for him. We signed 10 yr note which my parents paid off and paid all taxes. During this time a house was built, water well, utilities, landscaping, sheds, mobil home, ect were added. I divorced said husband and have min contact since 1989. Ex-husband has not set foot on property, inquired about, paid anything on this property since 1989. I was co-signer, went to bank holding note years ago and could not get his name off, but added c/o me to acct info. My father passed away 3 yrs ago. My current husband and I have had to move in with my mother to care for her. So, the three of us live here in the house my Dad built, that is in another mans name. We needed to get this in my name only but can't afford an attorney. We are a poor family just getting by. It is all any of us have. Now the natural gas find! But wait, two years ago, before anyone had even heard of mineral rights and landmen, I was approched by mail, that I could get $100 an acre for my half of the rights to this land. It was Christmas and really need some cash, I signed. BIG mistake, because now the rights are selling for $10,000 per acre! How do I get this land in my name(no way to find ex)? How do I get out of contract I signed after being dupped by lieing landman? Need advice. We can not afford to hire anyone. The ole saying "If I knew than what I know now". Found this site and thought I would ask. Am I out of luck or is there hope? Thanks, jrcole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back