New Foreclosures Subsection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wechsler

Administrator
Staff member
Due to popular demand (unfortunately) I've opened a new "foreclosures" section so that this issue can be dealt with specifically. I'm in the process of sorting through threads to see if I can separate them and have a subforum that contains and consolidates many Qs and As.

Thanks.

That sounds like a good idea.

Foreclosure Legal Notice

Our bank recently foreclosed on our home. They posted a legal notice in the newspaper that listed both me and my husband as borrowers. I'm not on this mortgage note. It is only in my husband's name. When I asked the law firm handling the notice they said to contact my attorney. Why would I be named on this notice? Will this also show up on my credit report?

1961lh - I thought that I mentioned that we specficially opened up a section for posts like yours to be placed. Unfortunately I can't separate your post to begin a new thread and note that a lot of time is taken up with administrative procedures such as this one that would not be necessary if people just read the easy, short guide I put up when they register or use a little common sense! Hopefully to those reading you'll put questions in the foreclosure forum below!!! Thanks! :)

foreclosures at Flamingo,FL

Hi,I just move five days ago and already need to move from condo.The company who was hired from a bank rented me apartment and this morning real owners show up on a door.They said that they didn't get proof of maintenance payment on a time and that is why bank took apartment and put on market.Bank want to move us tomorrow because owners are in town and they want to go in they apar.They offering us another apartment in same building which is "own By bank" too.They don't wanna pay for our moving and how I know that I will not need to move other apartment too.What are my wrights in this case.I know that by the Federal law I have 30 to 60 days to move out.please help,I don't know where I will sleep tomorrow.

Hi,I just move five days ago and already need to move from condo.The company who was hired from a bank rented me apartment and this morning real owners show up on a door.They said that they didn't get proof of maintenance payment on a time and that is why bank took apartment and put on market.Bank want to move us tomorrow because owners are in town and they want to go in they apar.They offering us another apartment in same building which is "own By bank" too.They don't wanna pay for our moving and how I know that I will not need to move other apartment too.What are my wrights in this case.I know that by the Federal law I have 30 to 60 days to move out.please help,I don't know where I will sleep tomorrow.

You do not have to move or vacate your apartment.
They are requesting you to move.
You have the right to say NO.
Then they would have to go to court to request a judge evict you.
As long as you have a lease, your rent is paid, and you're obeying the rules; no court will evict you.
Your leasehold is secure.

Most people in your situation negotiate a mutually acceptable agreement.
If you want to be accommodating and compromise with them, tell them you will move ONLY if they pay for your move.

(Heck, some people even say pay for my move and pay me an additional $X,XXX - the amount is up to YOU!)

Otherwise, you are staying in the unit you rented until your lease expires.
The bank must honor your lease.
They have no choice.
If they want you out, they are required to buy you out.
You do not have to do anything but stay put and pay your rent on time.

In most cases, they'll raise their offer.
If they don't, just stay put.
Take an offer that is acceptable to you, not to them!
In answer to your question, you'll sleep in your apartment tomorrow, as your lease is secure!

In the future, please post these questions in the appropriate forum. Tagging it onto an announcement post hardly qualifies and I guess I'm going to have to lock off the forums to just news... we'll see... or I'll leave that for TheLaw Diary, the running blog of the site.

One of the most frightening words in English for home owners is foreclosure. If a person loses his home because of foreclosure he will not be able to buy another home for the next 7 years. Foreclosure services are the best, free initial consultation will be provided by most of the foreclosure prevention services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back