new car sale breach of contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljchris

I bought a new jeep Jan. 1, 2011. Part of my deal was that the dealer was to add a hardtop and towing hitch. I paid cash. I have now been waiting 4 1/2 months for the hardtop, and each time I call, I get it is on backorder and it has not come in yet. At what time do I have a claim for breach of contract? I want to try today to make one more attempt to contact the dealer, but am afraid it is going to be the same ol' run around and need to know what I can do as a next step.
Thanks,

First i would read the contract and see this was even the agreement in writing. If it is, then try and find a date of when he must follow his agreement.

Do not go see the dealership, put it in writing .

Once this is done you will have proof and evidence that you tried desperatly to cooperate with the dealership, but they did not hold up there end.

But once again, read the contract that you signed, it may be in there.

IF ITS NOT

You can argue that you had either a express or implied contract outside of the written contract. These are ushally not the best routes in court, but you can say that he promised you, that you would receive the hardtop and towing hitch. But you should contact them in this case

Yes... write them a letter that clearly outlines your multiple prior contacts regarding the hardtop. Phone conversations will get you nowhere. At this point you should be doing everything in writing. You also should not be speaking with the salesman- you should be in touch with a legal representative or the business office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back