new car agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

kararekid

I went to a dealership looking for a new jeep wrangler.....they did a search and found me one... the salesmen made me an offer of 233.58 Bi weekly.... it had all he options i wanted... he emailed me the offer and i emailed him that i would take it.... i then phoned in and put 1000$ towards the new jeep.... 2 days later.. the manager calls me and we meet.. he says that the salesmen made a mistake and that the payments should be 240 Bi weekly... I said a deal is a deal.. he refuses to give me 233.58 BI....

what should i do??

If ou want the Jeep you should pay the $240. Unless you have a signed contract with the $233 amount locked in then you won't ever win your argument. Its seven bucks... pay it if you want the Jeep.

If ou want the Jeep you should pay the $240. Unless you have a signed contract with the $233 amount locked in then you won't ever win your argument. Its seven bucks... pay it if you want the Jeep.
Practically... this is the right answer. Is your time valuable? If you paid the $1,000 and there was nothing said about any contingency and need to finalize the terms they may receive from a financing company (which is likely), then the deal would be considered done as partial performance already occurred. Legally you may be correct that they must honor the deal at $233 per week, unless it was clear (or should have been to you) that a mistake was made by the dealer. Now you can go and demand that they honor the deal for the $7 and see what happens. If they don't budge then your best bet would be to do the deal and sue in small claims court for the $84 per year it will cost you. You call... but sometimes the law is trumped by the practical reality. Enjoy the new jeep. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back