never received registration and plates from dealer

delicia davis

Jurisdiction
California
I bought a car may 28th 2015 and it's now august 20th 2015. On my paprework its states that I paid for registration. They're saying that it may have gotten lost in the mail. I looked at the copy of the registration they sent and they didn't include my apartment number. Should I have to pay for they're mistake? It costs for a replacement sticker and plates that I never received that I already paid for. I put down $3500 for this car

You can complain to the state DMV and see if they can find your registration, otherwise, if the dealer won't honor the contract; your legal option would be to sue for the amount of money this has cost you.

You can ask them to pay for it and they probably should but if they just won't it's probably not worth fighting. Even though they left off the apartment number, the post office should have returned it to them and they can't be held liable for the post office failure. I work for a dealership and we tell people up front that we are not responsible for the post office if they want their plates mailed, however as good customer service, we will usually pay for the replacements. I don't know about Cali but in Texas it's only $7.00. You do need to check all of your paperwork and see if the apartment number is left off and make sure you get everything corrected. If it's only left off the registration it could have been the DMV that left it off. You could also visit your post office branch on the slight chance that they will look for them.

Back