Never heard anything LIKE THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpate

Its very simple to me, yet I have no understanding of the right they feel they have.

OK I left to go on vacation, and parked my car at my friends.

While out of town I discovered my car was stolen

I IMMEDIATELY called the police to report this

2 months later my car was found on a car lot for SALE

Detectives did investigation, And released my vehicle to me
CAR LOT owner stated he bought my good running vehicle from someone for 200$ and then towed it to his lot.He then invested money into MY vehicle

Went to retrieve my car , and he said no your going to pay me money for????.....

Called prosecutors that originally released my property to me and they specifically me"We changed our minds, it's a civil matter".

I'm completely lost, I've never encountered a law in this manner.

PLEASE HELP I FEEL OVERTHROWN

I'm only guessing, as only the persecutors know their TRUE intentions, but the persecutors suspect foul play.
Perhaps they think you were TRYING to run some kind of insurance scam, or commit fraud.
I have no real clue, just a gut instinct.

I suggest you inquire further of the persecutors.

Its very simple to me, yet I have no understanding of the right they feel they have.

While out of town I discovered my car was stolen

I IMMEDIATELY called the police to report this

2 months later my car was found on a car lot for SALE

Detectives did investigation, And released my vehicle to me
CAR LOT owner stated he bought my good running vehicle from someone for 200$ and then towed it to his lot.He then invested money into MY vehicle

Went to retrieve my car , and he said no your going to pay me money for????.....

Called prosecutors that originally released my property to me and they specifically me"We changed our minds, it's a civil matter".

I'm completely lost, I've never encountered a law in this manner.

PLEASE HELP I FEEL OVERTHROWN

Who has the title? Was this a real dealer, or some guy who picks up wreckers and makes them into just-about-working state?

If that's the case the dealer has also been harmed through no fault of his own and can indeed demand reimbursement from the OP. OP's recourse after that is to find the bad man and sue him.

First things first ... How was it taken from the home of your friend? Did someone break in to the house and steal the keys? Did someone hot-wire it? Were the keys in the vehicle? When the car went missing, did your friend call the police? If not, why not? Was the title and registration IN the car? Did your friend's name appear anywhere on the title or registration?

Or, did your friend drive it around using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back