Parole, Probation nerve damage in feet and have ankle monitor on and its painfull can

Status
Not open for further replies.

asel

I have nerve damage in my feet due to diabetes and my parole officer has put a ankle monitor on my and its causing me a great deal of pain! can they do this legally?

I have nerve damage in my feet due to diabetes and my parole officer has put a ankle monitor on my and its causing me a great deal of pain! can they do this legally?

Yes, but in the interim I suggest you discuss this with your physician and seek his/her recommendation.

Then share that with the PO.

The PO requires PROOF, not just YOUR assertions.

See if you can get a letter from your doctor that in his/her opinion the monitor needs to be removed. If the dr. agrees, then talk to your PO about this.

Of course if the monitor is not possible it's no guarantee that you'll be able to continue with the house arrest.

There are alternative methods to monitor a house arrest. However, that doesn't mean they can or will use an alternative method.

Apparently you agreed to the terms. I suggest you put on an ankle support under it. That will not only isolate the rubbing of the monitor, it will compress and dampen some of the neuropathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back