Nepotism

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintsforu

I am employed by a builder. The district manager is my boss. My boss's wife is a manager. Their son is a manager. The other son is a painter such as myself. The groundskeeper is also a horsetrainer for my boss. The wife never comes into work and gets paid weekly. The son who is a manager never works. Hes paid. The son who is a painter gets paid under the table. The groundskeeper misses work whenever he wants too without reprocussions because he trains my bosses horse. MY employer the builder is best friends with the district manager. My question is it legal for my boss to let all of them do whatever they want and reprimand me for missing work when I had a hospital excuse? In a nut shell If your not related or doing my boss a favor you are constantly being threatened to lose your job! Is this legal?

well is it legal for the groundskeeper to ask me for a threesome? Is it legal for the maintenance guy to ask me to show him my breasts? Is it legal for all the men that work there to make sexual comments to me including my boss? Im suppossed to go along with it because their all friends?? where does the crap stop? So they can do whatever they want, miss work ??? SOMETHING ISN"T RIGHT HERE OR ETHICAL!

Hey, hold on a minute. You didn't say a word about any of that in your first post. Nothing in your first post IS illegal. It's not illegal for your boss to give special privileges to his family members that he doesn't give you.

But now you're talking about different issues. In the second post you're talking about potential sexual harassment issues. That's a very different thing than you were posting about before. We don't read minds here. Don't yell at Jacksgirl for not giving you the answer you want, when you haven't given her all the facts.

Now, as to your second post. You POTENTIALLY have a legal issue here. The problem is that under Federal law, there have to be 15 employees to file a sexual harassment claim. Are there as many as 15 employees?

If not, it's not necessarily a problem. In a number of states, discrimination (which is what we're talking about - sexual harassment is a part of discrimination) have a lower floor to take action at the state level. You haven't told us what state you're in.

So if you can tell us first, whether or not there are as many as 15 employees, and second, what state you're in, we can give you your options on the second post. The first post, you're unfortunately stuck with.

First, I apologize for flying off the handle. I am frustrated that I am being treated unfairly and being harassed. I am in Ohio and we have 18 employees. 6 women in cluding myself the rest male.
The other women work in the office I work with the men.

Discrimination laws go into effect in Ohio with 4 employees. Since there are more than 15 employees, you can file a complaint of sexual harassment with either the EEOC, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, or both.

Have you ever told them that you don't like that kind of talk and told them to stop? It's not mandatory, but it will strengthen any claim that you bring if you do.

no I never said anything I just brushed it off like yeah right. I was taken aback by the comments and since my boss and the men are a cohesive bunch I feared termination for even mentioning it. i did ell my bosses wife about the one guy touching my hair and brushing up aginst me. She said eww thats weird. and that was it.

Not an Atty

My sister was being victimized by her superiors so I helped her rig a video surveillance system (hidden video cam a broach) . We caught all her supervisors violating state law addressing sexual harrassment and when confronted with the video evidence they settled out of court for 600K. The video system cost us $2K. No atty will advise you to do this so I will. <g> You will need a ballsy atty willing to hard ball the defendants although the video evidence may not be admissable in a court of law. In my sister's case the atty said the clip had been copied and "might" appear on youtube. The atty was a close friend willing to bend the rules.

One might check the laws on video taping as well or one could find themself the subject of a suit. Not to mention the tape may not be used in court if recording was done illegally

Thankyou for all of your advice. I have a pocket recorder and have contrmplated using it. However, I will look into that before I so so. I want to do this the right way. Thanks for the link.:)

I do not recommend the recording. Even if legal in your state, you can be fired for recording your co-workers or boss without permission. You're better off simply reporting what's going on to the appropriate regulatory agencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back