Neighbors tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMCJP

My next door neighbor has a tree that leans badly over the property line and over my garage ( The entire tree is leaning). I have asked her to remove the tree because of the danger to my garage and offered to split the cost. I was ingnored. I tried to get my City Code Enforcement to step in and force her to remove the tree and was told I had to write a letter giving her 30 days to remove the tree and send it certified mail. When I did this (as nicely as possible) she responded by threatening me on the back of the letter and stuck it in my mailbox. I called a local attorney for advice and was told that I can not legaly cut this tree down and if I do damage to the tree, she can sue me for the cost of the tree. He also told me to leave her alone becuse she was crazy. I have also been told that if the tree falls on my garage, I am responsible for the cleanup and repairs. I have been told by a tree removal service that without her permission they will not remove the tree unless it falls.
How can this be so? I have no right to remove this tree but if it falls I have to pay for the damages and clean up. I have been told insurance companies will not pay for the tree removal if it falls. Will my insurance company be responsible for the repairs to my garage?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back