Neighbors having a speaker playing loud dog barking

Matilda

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
My dogs will bark at my neighbor's dog when they are all out at the same time. I will bring my dogs in when this occurs. It must be upsetting the neighbors, because for the first time today my neighbors set up a speaker and began playing recordings of dogs barking, in half hour intervals for over 2 hours while my dogs were in the house. Of course, my dogs were barking from the inside of my house while this was going on. I work from home, and this was occurring. I have done my best to be cordial with my neighbors and talk to them and try to get to know them, and they do not want anything to do with me. Which is fine, I guess. If this continues and the neighbors do not want to talk and mediate, can I file a report if I have it on video? I have a recording now, and a picture of the speaker pointed at my backyard. I am 52 years old and live here with my adult child with disabilities. Not only did it scare my daughter and I, but it made the dogs bark more. Any advice would be great! Thank you in advance. Here is a picture that is of my neighbors house with the speaker pointed at my home.

Attachments

• neighbor speaker.pdf
    725.9 KB · Views: 5
I doubt that the police will do, or even can do much about what vexes you.

Why?

If the barking dog "serenade" is done during DAYLIGHT hours, I doubt that the neighbor is violating the local noise ordinance.

However, as suggested above, you have the ability to report the matter to your local constabulary.

Once you've filed a report, then and ONLY then, will certain option(s) be revealed to you.

Your dog's barking must be really annoying. I suggest you get a no-bark collar.

I just got one for my dog. Delivered today so I haven't tried it yet. I'll post the results.

The only way to put an end to this spitting contest is to train your dog not to bark.

The only way to put an end to this spitting contest is to train your dog not to bark.
And yes, this IS possible. I have three hounds - two beagles and a hound mix. The latter is still a work in progress, but the two beagles? Have learned to be quiet, for the most part. They'll still bark at the deer wandering through but not at the leaves falling or the air moving. Time, patience, consistency.

Back