neighbors harassing me

P

Pmillz

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
Hello, I have two year old twins and recently moved into a duplex have been here a month and have had the neighbors call the cops on me 3 times already complained to the landlord twice all for "My sons banging on the mutual wall we share" which is untrue. The did not like us when we moved in and even had 4 people one including the neighbor come to my door to they say talk I know they were trying to intimidate us into moving.. they even said if we call the cops enough landlord will kick you out.. I feel like I'm being harassed by them constantly calling the police on me trying to get me kicked out. Cops always say I'm not doing anything wrong .. what can I do? Cops also stated if it happened again landlord would be fined landlord said he wouldnt pay it im thinking he may try to get me to pay it.. what can i do? I'm afraid he will kick me out

You have few options, other than to keep a very watchful eye on your children.
It might be in your long term interests to begin seeking a new place to live.
If what you've posted is correct, your LL might be anxious to see you leave.
If so, it might be possible to negotiate an easy, quick exit.

Please don't post the same questions/topic in multiple threads. I've deleted the duplicate. Please keep ALL of your discussion of this matter in this thread and don't open up any others. Thanks.

Another option is to stay put and spend a few hundred on having a lawyer write a scary looking letter to your neighbors and landlord advising them of the potential financial debacle that may befall them if their behavior continues.

If that doesn't shut them up, then consider moving.

Back