Neighbors Blocking my garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzv410e

Well, I live in a townhouse, a community of 8 Houses. One neighbor refuses to park his car in his garage and parks in the active driveway in front of my and another persons garage. We've asked this person many times to stop parking there since they bother me, and two other families. Of course they still continue to park there.

Well the car doesnt block my garage but it makes it difficult to pull in and out, which I dont need when I pull into MY own garage.

What are my legal options ?

We have a contract with a towing company but they refuse to tow him on the grounds that its a private community driveway. Police refuse to issue any tickets for the same reason.

Thank you in advance for any help !

How are issues of common elements dealt with regarding your townhouses? Ownership issues? Please elaborate.

Originally posted by zzv410e
Well, I live in a townhouse, a community of 8 Houses. One neighbor refuses to park his car in his garage and parks in the active driveway in front of my and another persons garage. We've asked this person many times to stop parking there since they bother me, and two other families. Of course they still continue to park there.

Well the car doesnt block my garage but it makes it difficult to pull in and out, which I dont need when I pull into MY own garage.

What are my legal options ?

We have a contract with a towing company but they refuse to tow him on the grounds that its a private community driveway. Police refuse to issue any tickets for the same reason.

Thank you in advance for any help !

Well I dont have much information on anything that really goes on here, But to my understanding, the driveway is considered community property.

The tax for it comes out of our homeowners assosciation fee. (Which the offending neighbor has refused to pay for 2 years)

Well thats what I was told.

The neighbor has also stolen the NO parking signs (Openly admitted this.), which we had to get replaced with cash from the assosciation fund. And he has threatenend to 'Shut us up'

On a side note: He told me, 'His car always stood there, and its always going to stand there, no matter what you do...'

Im looking to permanently keep his car out of my way..Legally, either in the street or in his garage.

Thanks for the help.
(Btw: The homeowners assosciation isnt much, just an elected neighbor which goes around collecting dues and signing petitions...so I dont know if they can do much.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back