Neighborhood dog waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaine_Anderson

I own a townhome on a corner lot with two decks. Last summer I was unable to use my side deck off of the kitchen as my neighbors use that section of lawn as a dog toilet and they refuse to pick up or clean. The stench is overwhelming, so I am unable to open the sliding glass door that provides ventillation or go out on that deck. My bedroom window is also on that side of the dwelling and I cannot have the window open at any time during the spring or summer. I pay my mortgage plus $215.00 per month in association fees. I have written the property mananger now twice regarding this problem. He says that I have to catch the offenders and provide proof to city officials in order to have them levy a fine on the dog owners. This is not possible as I have a job and cannot sit at home, with camera or video, to see who the offenders are. He has done little else other than to send out fliers quoting Plymouth, MN city ordinance codes, which of course, the dog owners ignor. What are my legal rights? Can I place my association fees in an escroe account until the problem is fixed? Can I legally refuse to pay assoc. fee's? Can I be compensated for the loss of my deck/ventillation usage?
Any help you can give me is greatly apprecited!

Elaine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back