Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Neighbor trespass

Status
Not open for further replies.

jg306894

Recently(3 months ago) my neighbor had a disturbance next door and the police came out and arrested her boyfriend for domestic charges.I came out the next day and my vehicle's window was broken out. She paid for it and apologised for the occurence . I explained to her not to trespass onto my property at that point. Last month she was upset my daughter was loud on our trampoline at 1 in the afternoon and proceeded to walk into my garage and start up the stairs into my house to find my wife
Do I have legal right to file trespass charges and will they arrest her?
thanks for any sound advise
J

getting angry at one in afternoon and storming in your house sounds a bit extreme. im pretty positive she can be arrested for trespassing, especially if you warned her and have witness' saying you did warn her. you might have to file a police report against her. and then if she does it again she can without a doubt be arrested. if not she might need a warrant for her arrest.

Last edited:
What state?

Had she called the police when it happened, they might have been able to arrest her based upon a citizen's arrest. But, a month after the fact? Chances are nothing will happen at this point.

She can always call the police and make a report. Depending on the laws in your state she may or may not be able to "swear out" a warrant. My state does not have that process, but some states in the south and southeast do.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back