Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Neighbor sprayed me in the face with hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ablessing

My neighbor is nuts. I generally ignore her. However they decided to put up a fence so my husband, who is just a nice guy helps crazy neighbor's husband by grinding some tree stumps and help putting up the rails, lent him tools, etc. so even though neighbor woman is nuts, I'd have no reason to think we wouldn't be cool

Tonight I go to water some shade plants on the side of my porch (fence does not reach there) and I see they've been buried in mulch. I know it was her but whatever, life is short. I unbury them and set up the sprinkler. I go inside and set my timer and grab my iPad and go out to just sit on the porch for a second. She is on her lawn watering it. She says something, I don't hear her so I go over and she asks me when I'm cleaning up the mulch. I am perplexed, I weed there and it's completely neat. I spend a few seconds trying to process that. She says she has been trying to grow grass there all year. I tell her the problem is the shade tree. The flowers and mulch are on my property although VERY close to hers. I tell her if she would have asked I would have moved the plants. You don't have to act like that. She says I'm not being a b, you are. I said you're always a b.

Then from about two to three feet away she sprays my face with a hose. I go inside and call police. They come I go back outside soaking wet with a foggy ipad and they act pretty much disinterested. Ok, whatever. So they say we can go to court. She says no, I say yes. Then they tell me after I've thanked them that if I call again ill be arrested

Whaaaaaaat??

What should I expect in court? Should I bring an attorney?

Thanks!!!

It does seem a bit childish and overblown.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5650000070.HTM

Assault in the third degree.

565.070. 1. A person commits the crime of assault in the third degree if:

(1) The person attempts to cause or recklessly causes physical injury to another person; or

(2) With criminal negligence the person causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon; or

(3) The person purposely places another person in apprehension of immediate physical injury; or

(4) The person recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death or serious physical injury to another person; or

(5) The person knowingly causes physical contact with another person knowing the other person will regard the contact as offensive or provocative; or

(6) The person knowingly causes physical contact with an incapacitated person, as defined in section 475.010, which a reasonable person, who is not incapacitated, would consider offensive or provocative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back