Neighbor sabotaging sale of vacant lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron_Mike

I have a 2-acre lot for sale that is fully wooded with water. It has a huge building envelope and I have a 7-page set of engineering plans, plus permits to build a home there. I can no longer build there for financial reasons. I have had to put the land up for sale.

I have had trouble with the neighbors because they want the land for their own personal dumping ground and other things.

One neighbor offered me 1/20th of my asking price which I turned down. They said it was only worth their asking price because it was not "build-able."

Now I have potential buyers walking the property and the neighbor is approaching them telling them not to buy the property because it is not build-able. I have not yet determined if the neighbor is trespassing to do this or if they are staying on their property to lie about it.

There is no doubt that it is build-able and I have engineering plans and permits. The neighbor knows it's build-able but they are trying to sabotage the sale. They have a personal vendetta against me for run-ins over the past 5 years. Mainly due to my owning of the property and wishing to develop it. I put my foot down about trespassing and dumping on the lot so now I am the devil.

Does this action fall under defamation, slander? Is there something I can do about the lies they are telling to prevent the sale of the property?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back