Neighbor invasion of my property

Allen Martin

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My name is Allen and I live in the Poconos region ( Pennsylvania). The house I have has no fences because the community forbids it. Six months ago, a new neighbor move into the house next to mine and brought an old commercial truck, which is illegal according community regulations. Furthermore, this neighbor suddenly cut down trees in the edge of my property and his property to park his dump truck, even he has plenty of space to park it in his drive way. I immediately report it to the community management, but they refuse to reinforce the rules, arguing that he has rights.

I will bring someone to take the measures of my property to find out if he invaded my land and illegally cut my trees. If that is the case, what are my legal options? Apparently, he did not have permission to cut down trees. Also, my neighbor has been denounced by other neighbors for being loud and doing illegal things. He is the type of people who is aggressive and likes to annoy others. I will soon sell my house due to a job offer in other state and I don't want this to affect the value of my property. Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

I immediately report it to the community management, but they refuse to reinforce the rules,

Then he can continue to do whatever he wants with impunity. Unless, of course, you become a board member so you can make sure the CC&Rs are complied with.

If that is the case, what are my legal options?

Do you really not know that your option is a lawsuit if you suffer any damages?

I will soon sell my house due to a job offer in other state and I don't want this to affect the value of my property.

Too late.

Sell and take what you can get and leave him to the next owner.

[QUOTE="Allen Martin, post: 297667, member: 127133"
I will bring someone to take the measures of my property to find out if he invaded my land...[/QUOTE]

So you have no clue whether or not he "invaded" your property. Get a survey done and then figure it out.

Unfortunately, I asked the township for my property planning but they don't have a clue of it, they said that my house is really old. I will have someone to come and take the measures in the next couple of days so I will figure out.

I will but I need to know if this will decrease the value of my property. It is a pity that the community authorities are not doing nothing to enforce their own rules.

Back