Quiet Enjoyment neighbor harrassing for a 1 year old dog supposely barking

Status
Not open for further replies.

guestposter

I have a 1 year pup she is a happy loving dog. We have a neighbor who does not like dogs at all we have caught him numerous times yelling at the dog throwing rocks into your yard at the dog spraying them with water and one time spraying them with weed killer. So when he starts the dogs bark at him he has now threatened to start a law suit against us if we dont get rid of her. she stays in the yard or house shes in bed at 9pm and goes outside around 7pm and yes she is a dog so she does bark when strangers approach r proterty what do i do. She is like one of my kids

If the neighbor was throwing rocks at your dog while your dog was on your property, including spraying weed killer, this could constitute trespass. You may want to report his actions to the police or, if you want to try to keep things civil, send him a cease and desist letter via certified mail so at least you have a record of what occurred. A police report could be filed, including a complaint that your neighbor was trying to harm your dog. I don't know if it was that serious - so you may want to think about simply having a discussion with your neighbor and letting him know that if he wants to file a lawsuit (which I doubt), he'll have to deal with explaining his own actions. Has he ever filed a police report for a disturbance? If not, the neighbor's bark might be far bigger than his bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back