Neighbor Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBH

Last year July we purchase a brand new home on .76 acre. Shortly after we moved in our home they began construction on new home to the south of us. By December they moved in and he began loading up his property with tons of dirt. Next thing he builds a huge pole barn right near the propery line. By this point the property was up a good 30 inches+ above ours. My husband was not a happy camper when a the guy said "Looks like you need a drain". Well that is when is all began. We put up a privacy fence up high along his propertly line since his vehicles could look right over top to our property if we did not raise it up. Well he called the Township on us for our fence height. Fine they said we had to lower it but he was told he had to put in a drain and a swale. He threatened them to get off of his property and began to harass us ever since. His stereo would be full blast facing our property and just loud rude conversation. It really upset me very much. We could never even go outside without hearing screaming music. I stopped having company over to my home and became very depressed. We decided to dispute lowering the fence height and wrote a letter to the township under their recommendation along with pictures so we did as we were told. Let me add that this township has no contract with a police department so we could not do anything about the blaring music according to the county Sherriffs Department.

In the meantime I had spoke with the wife twice and tried to call a truce and she said her husband never would. So it just got worse. They got a hold of the letter we wrote with all of our personal information because I learned later they could and they blew it up into a huge poster and hung it outside the front of their house on a tree. By that point I was about to have a nervous breakdown. We then decided to sell and move. I should also mention he never did put in a drain as the township told him nor did they ever persue it. I think they do not want to deal with him ever again.

Well now I have possible buyers and I am afraid this person will deter anyone who even comes to my house. Last time they were at my home he hung the (my letter)sign back out front again. The letter I do not have a problem with, it is the fact that he is trying to stop people from buying our house because I believe he would like to spend his life harassing us. I am scared of what this person is capable of and I feel like nobody can help us at all where we live.

Any suggestions would be very helpful since both the Police and Township will not do anything for us. Thanks.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back