Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Neighbor harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

catfind

For the last three years, I have lived next door to a neighbor who has set his sights on me since the day he moved in. He has cost me about $30,000 in legal fees by suing me for parking on a driveway, which I have the right to park on. I've won every time we've gone to court and have even gotten a restraining order against him. But now he is harassing me through his Attorney by threatening me with future lawsuits. If I don't fight these lawsuits, I might as well sell my house.

The real kicker is that he is not here legally. He is in the US on an expired work permit. He's been here for about 10 years+ now. I can't seem to get ICE or DHS to do anything. That makes this doubly painful...an illegal antognizing a US Citizen and my country won't help me.

He's trying to force me to move by breaking me financially. Does anyone know of anything I can do about this. I'm an emotional wreck and my neighbor treats this like a game.

Possibilities

If these are frivalous lawsuits and you are winning them,you may be able to turn the tables.It is illegal to harrass someone with court,3 suits already,obviously harrassment.
http://www.answers.com/topic/frivolous-lawsuit?method=8
Your post makes it appear the suits are senseless,if so,get a good lawyer and get some of that money back,also try to record (video,audio,written log,witnesses or whatever means necessary) any further verbal harrassment you may be receiving,it will help.

JLM556 said:
What state are you in?

I live in NY and we have a nut for a neighbor too!

I'm in California. I've been using a Real Estate Attorney, but he is not agressive at all. I have to find a new lawyer who likes to fight, because the attorney I have now always wants to settle and I'm just not in the wrong here. I've given up more than I should have, but it IS time to turn the tables.

catfind said:
For the last three years, I have lived next door to a neighbor who has set his sights on me since the day he moved in. He has cost me about $30,000 in legal fees by suing me for parking on a driveway, which I have the right to park on. I've won every time we've gone to court and have even gotten a restraining order against him. But now he is harassing me through his Attorney by threatening me with future lawsuits. If I don't fight these lawsuits, I might as well sell my house.

The real kicker is that he is not here legally. He is in the US on an expired work permit. He's been here for about 10 years+ now. I can't seem to get ICE or DHS to do anything. That makes this doubly painful...an illegal antognizing a US Citizen and my country won't help me.

He's trying to force me to move by breaking me financially. Does anyone know of anything I can do about this. I'm an emotional wreck and my neighbor treats this like a game.
Let me ask you this --

(1) haven't you received attorney's fees after winning these lawsuits?
(2) Shouldn't they be frivolous if you've already had judgments?
(3) Have you thought of going to the state bar? I shudder at the thought of reporting an attorney for misconduct, but if the issue has been decided, an attorney cannot go forward in good faith since there would appear no good faith claim to sue you upon. Bringing frivolous claims would be a violation of ethics.
(4) Have you considered reporting the matter to the INS? I'm wondering where this individual has so much money to keep suing you as well...

Good luck to you and let us know how things turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back