Neighbor Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mykaisercat

I have lived in my home with my family for 10 years now. Everything was fine until approx 1 year ago when my neighbor retired. Since then he has reported us to the association for every small violation, including items like our shed color not matching our home. The association although realizing he has a personal grudge against not just my family but the family on the other side who incidentally has been report many times also cannot do anything about it and sympathize with us when we call on our violations. I recently reported him to animal control for throwing rat poison over my fence not just once but twice. The most recent incident was reporting us for barking dogs when my dogs are never outside unsupervised. We do not allow our dogs to bark and being these dogs together weigh 50 lbs and range in age from 4 years to 17 years there is not alot of life in them to bark. He tonight yelled and cursed at my child because the dogs barked at him and that was the final straw. I told him to never curse at my child or raise his voice to him and that he not talk to my son again. He proceeded to curse at me in front of my other neighbor and threatened me with being arrested if I trespassed on his property. I am not sure if there is harassment charges I can file of if I just have to accept this lifestyle. He is a member of the Board of Directors for the association, should I use this a leverage to state my case in a public setting. I can't afford to move home and I dont think I should have to, can you give me some advice on this or at least direct me on my rights.

Andrea
Virginia Beach

What state are you and city? You could google your city ordinances concerning the matters you posted and google your state laws on harassment and see if you find anyhthing that will lead you in the right direction. What did animal control say or do for the rat poisen? How old is the child and could the child have gotten hold of the poisen, thus endangering the child? Just FYI this is posted in the wrong place and should be posted on forum.

Last edited:
Calalily

Thank you for your advice. I live in Virginia Beach Virginia - I dont know where to start with the city. My children are older, and I found out that animal control apparently doesn't keep very good records. Any other advice would be awesome

Andrea

Well, if he continues call the police and see if that lights a fire under his bad behavior. Especially call if you see him doing the rat poisen thing again. The children and you are still being exposed to it on your property. Did you see him do it? It may not be too late to see if you can file charges with the police if you feel strongly and he's done it twice and tell them everything he's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back