Premises Liability Negligence at victoria secret store causes fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

vixen

I was in a victoria secret store about to check out when one of the cashiers called me over and as I proceeded to the counter I slipped and fell. Apparently my foot slipped on a clear display case they had lying on the floor. I took a hard fall and badly injured my right leg and it is already bruising. The manager and cashiers all witnessed and apologized but when I asked to make a report they said they had nothing of the sort that they could do there and handed me a number to call. Is there any way I can make a claim where they are liable for my medical expenses, reimbursement for their negligence-- this just happened a few hours ago.

Who was the number to that they gave you to call? Did you call?

Was the # they gave you to call possibly to their corporate office or some other place where they take accident reports when accidents happen at their stores? If so, call. I'm not sure based just on what you posted if there was or wasn't any negligence by the store. However, whether there was or wasn't, if you make a claim & they have insurance, they "might" pay for any medical bills due to the accident.

I definitely agree you should see something the size of a display case ("generally" they are fairly large). I can't tell completely what happened from OP's post though & what type/size of display case. If he was getting ready to check out & a cashier called him over & he turned around for example & fell over a display case that was right behind him lying on the floor, I could see the OP falling over it (I probably would have) - particularly is it was lying where it shouldn't have been. I can't say based on what was posted if there was or wasn't any negligence on the part of the store. I don't know what OP means by lying on the floor - was it lying there until they had chance to move it.....

Sometimes if the medical bills aren't that large & the store has ins., it's just easier & good customer service to pay them. They could end up being sued with the hassle of a court case.

If it wasn't documented, don't be surprised if no one remembers it.

If your alleged injury is merely soft tissue, don't expect them to show much concern.

If you severely injured, seek medical treatment and discuss your situation with a local attorney.

There isn't much help that we can provide, except to wish you a speedy recovery and seek real legal advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back