Personal Bankruptcy Need to know what course I can take

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelseyone

I live in Ark.. I filed a chapter 13 bankruptcy a year ago. Iam having problems paying the payments and my mortgage payment. They total $2110 per month. My net pay is $2400 per month. This is the same amount of money I was making when I filed. This leaves me less than $300 per month to pay utilities, insurance, buy gas groceries etc... basically to live on. The only way I have managed to maintain is to work 7 days a week. My son was killed in a car accident the last of Oct 07, I had to take a few weeks off of work to try and deal with the loss of my son. That set me back. I am now struggling to make either payment and my house is about to be foreclosed on, I do have it on the market and have had for 6 months, but the housing market here is not good. I need to know the consequences if I just walk away from them both. My car is in my bankruptcy and I have no problem giving it up to them. The rest were credit messes from helping my girls, so I now owe $27,000.00 to the Bankruptcy courts. My house is appraised at $150,000.00 and I owe $110,000.00 on it. If I could sell it my problems would be solved. I am considering moving to another state to "start again" Is is too hard mentally with my son gone. If I walk away.. can they put me in jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back