Need to know what can be done on both sides

aporter17

My brother in law got a car almost 3 years ago and gave it straight to us the moment the keys are handed to him. Its under his name, but for us to keep and have financial responsibilities over. Every single payment has been made every month on this vehicle, three payments got right up to 30 days late because of the way of payment transaction was set up it held the payment for over a week or so to get it right up to 30 days late. The payment is a hundred percent caught up, no threats whatsoever for repossession or anything. But since there were three late payment my brother wants to pick the car up ASAP from us. Can he do that with us having back up a hundred percent proof showing the financial responsibilities on our side are in good standings?

Are you saying the title is in your brother's name?

My brother in law got a car almost 3 years ago and gave it straight to us the moment the keys are handed to him. Its under his name, but for us to keep and have financial responsibilities over. Every single payment has been made every month on this vehicle, three payments got right up to 30 days late because of the way of payment transaction was set up it held the payment for over a week or so to get it right up to 30 days late. The payment is a hundred percent caught up, no threats whatsoever for repossession or anything. But since there were three late payment my brother wants to pick the car up ASAP from us. Can he do that with us having back up a hundred percent proof showing the financial responsibilities on our side are in good standings?

You have been buying your brother a car.
I'm sure he will appreciate the great gift you have bestowed upon him.

It is his car and it is his credit affected by late payments. But that really doesn't matter, because it is his car.

Back