Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Need time limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZFXLOVER

I am needing the time limits for the two following charges:

Possession of stolen vehicle

Receiving stolen property/goods

This is an old case (2005) and I really would like to know the time limitations on these two charges. Please help me!

Last edited:
I should let CDW Java answer this, he probably knows it off the top of his head. The SOL is either 3 years or 6 years with an extension of up to 3 more years if you were out of state. The question is how much time those two offense carry. CDW Java will be along shortly to tell you and to get your address if you need to be picked up before the Statute runs out :p

Statute: California Pen. §§799 et seq.
Summary: The following sets forth the applicable criminal statute of limitations of the California penal code law within which a prosecution must commence thereafter:

Felonies:

Murder, offenses punishable by death or life imprisonment, embezzlement of public funds: N/A
Offenses punishable by 8 or more years in prison: 6 years
Offenses punishable by imprisonment: 3 years
Misdemeanors:

Generally: 1 year
Misdemeanor violation committed on a minor under the age of 14: 3 years
Sexual exploitation by physician or therapist: 2 years
Statute does not run: Offender is out of state: maximum extension is 3 years. Statutory periods do not begin until offense is or should have been discovered.

I am needing the time limits for the two following charges:

Possession of stolen vehicle

Receiving stolen property/goods

This is an old case (2005) and I really would like to know the time limitations on these two charges. Please help me!
Questions: Have you been charged or already arraigned on this? if so, then the SOL no longer applies and chances are you are a fugitive.

Also,if you have fled the jurisdiction (the state) the SOL may also be on hold.

If you committed these acts, and they have yet to be discovered or you have yet to be charged, and they are not part of an ongoing and continuing conspiracy or other criminal act, then you may be outside the 3 year SOL for these offenses (as previously posted by jharris).

It depends on the details - which you have not posted.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back