Credit Cards, Rating, Repair need proof I didn't receive a package to have charge taken off my bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTheftVictim

Internet order shipped from Nevada, so not sure of jurisdiction. I placed a Sears Marketplace order (3rd party selling through Sears site) The Marketplace seller is a scam artist but I didn't know this till too late. The package he says I received was not my package. I happened to see the mailman come and go that day and there was no package at all. I called the post office and was told that that tracking number was delivered, and he told me the weight, cost of shipping and how it shipped, and that information by itself proved it was not my package. I gave Sears all this info that day, by phone, but they never verified it with the Post Office back then. This was September 2013. I finally got Sears billing disputes to take it off my bill, but they emailed me a follow up form to fill out and send back explaining so they could investigate. I did not know this so I missed it in my email. Too much email. So the charge of almost $2000 goes back on my Sears card and I call to find out why and that's when I find out about the form I didn't know about. They say because I didn't get it back to them by the date required, it's closed, I'm stuck with the bill. I have been fighting this ever since. I filed a claim with the Postal Inspector, and thought they were working on it. I also filed a complaint with the MD Attorney General Consumer Affairs Office and they got Sears to open the investigation back up. But they just keep saying the seller says it was delivered, and they finally checked with the post office, who also told them it was delivered, which I knew, but it wasn't my package, so it wasn't delivered to me. (I posted my problem back in Sept on a Sears Customer Service website because I was pulling my hair out trying to get it resolved, and 9 other people had the same seller do the same thing to them with the same product. So I would think the post office and Sears would want to stop this guy) Instead, they keep believing him. But they tell me if I file a theft police report and supply them the case #, they would refund my money. I have a bunch of interest now, and my credit has a big black mark on it. I want that cleared up, too, but they don't say anything about fixing that. I went to the police anyway and the officer was very nice and helpful, but said since Sears is in the middle, they are charging me, but the seller is the one that stole the product(more accurately, never sent it), and I haven't paid the Sears bill, Sears is actually the victim, and I don't have a criminal case against the seller to file. He said he thought it would be a civil matter. I told Sears that I tried to file a theft report, and why I didn't, what the cop said, and I don't even think they read it, cause they just kept send me back one line, file a theft report and we'll refund you. (Again, nothing about fixing credit or refunding the interest that has accrued. My last resort has been to try to get proof from the post office in writing that this tracking number was not my package, but it's too old now and the information, believe it or not, disappears completely for old tracking numbers. I talked to local Post Office, Postal Inspector, Inspector General. There's nothing they can do. I just want this off my bill and my credit cleared up. I don't know what else to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back