Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Need legal advice

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
I'm a 51 year old woman living on permanent disability. My husband paid to take me to Europe to visit his family. My daughter has my debit card and was supposed to be sending me my benefits while I'm here. We've had a falling out and she's cleared my account leaving me stranded and refuses to answer my messages what can I do?

Call the bank.... Call SSD.... Change the account and deposit to another account. You can sue your daughter once you return. You can report this thief to the bank.

I'm a 51 year old woman living on permanent disability. My husband paid to take me to Europe to visit his family. My daughter has my debit card and was supposed to be sending me my benefits while I'm here. We've had a falling out and she's cleared my account leaving me stranded and refuses to answer my messages what can I do?

Next time, take your debit card with you.
You can use most debit cards in any civilized nation on this planet.
If yours can't be used that way, secure yourself a card from a bank that allows such transactions.

I'd also report the thief (daughter or not, she's a thief) that stole your money to the police upon your return.
I'd also call the bank (that can be done from Europe, so don't wait for your return) and cancel your debut card.
Have the bank create a new card and send it to you where you are.
You can also report the theft to the bank, and you might get all of your money refunded.

Back