Need Help!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHAMI

QUESTION? MY WIFE AND I ARE ON A LOAN AT THE BANK FOR A SUV. IN THE SUMMER OF 2001, SHE GOES AN REFINANCES THE LOAN WITHOUT MY SIGNATURE, I AM THE CO-SIGNER, THE BANKS EXPLAINS TO ME THEY DID IT ON HER CREDIT AND NOT MINE. MY QUESTION IS WILL I BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PAYMENTS AND CAN I GET OF THE LOAN. THIS HAPPEN IN ALABAMA.

What do you mean that she refinanced the loan? If you are saying that the old loan was paid off with a new loan, then it would seem that the loan you co-signed may have been paid off by the new loan that was established solely on her own credit. You should be able to verify this.

Similar thing happened to me - in Georgia. Now, Ex-husband did the refinance without my knowledge and when we he didn't make the payment and he tried to "force" me pay under the guise of I'm the "Co-signer" - since I wasn't on the paperwork, I didn't have to pay. Recommend you get a copy of the loan application for further references. Also, order a copy of your credit report and see if you're listed. How did you find out about the refinance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back