need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

becky

i recently had inheritance money for my son and didnt do what i was suppose to do with the money, insted i did nothing but use all of it. I am not happy with the decision that i made and now i have to tell the court that i did not put the money into a college fund. I have every intention of paying it back but i am just afraid of what is going to happen to me in the mean time HELP

need advice

i recently had inheritance money for my son and didnt do what i was suppose to do with the money, insted i did nothing but use all of it. I am not happy with the decision that i made and now i have to tell the court that i did not put the money into a college fund. I have every intention of paying it back but i am just afraid of what is going to happen to me in the mean time HELP
:confused: :confused: :(

Perhaps you should agree to settle with the other party and avoid the case -- pay the money. You may also state that you believe that what you say may incriminate you and plead the fifth, although you can lose a civil case on that basis, from my understanding. You could not be compelled to testify against yourself in a criminal case and lose because of your lack of testimony. It is not the same in civil courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back