need help with ex-lodger

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy79

I had been letting a room to a friend of mine for 3 years and got on well until her brother came to stay for a while. i drew up a lodging agreement but after a few months i gave him notice to leave as he was very aggressive and intimidating. in short, i was scared to come home in case of his moods and he had already kicked in the front door (which he did pay to have repaired) and would have huge temper tantrums. he insisted he needed more time to find somewhere else and apologised for his behaviour. 6 months on, i gave him notice again as he had gone back to his previous behaviour and he took it very badly. i eventually had the police remove him after he wrote a threatening letter and refused to leave. he's now taking me to court for not returning his deposit, even though the room was left filthy, the wallpaper is all torn, and he took some of my dvd's and duvet and sheets and left his old yellow ones. in my defence, i took pictures of the room and included quotes to have the room redecorated but he is saying the room was already damaged when he moved in!! the hearing is in 2 weeks, can anybody advise me please? oh, i forgot to mention the friend who was already lodging with me also left and i took her to court already for not paying rent and damages for trashing her room. i believe he is only doing this as revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back