need help!!!think lawyer swindled me

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroneylauren

In May2006 a lawyer was hired and paid by my mother while I was in jail on a contempt warrant. I was given 2years probation under GA 1st offenders treatment. The final disposition when entered by the courts office falsely stated I had plead guilty. My lawyer refused to discuss my case with me even though I'm 21yrs old, and would only deal with my mother. He was paid another several hundred dollars to correct this error in Sept.2006. In late2007, the same error appeared. He never corrected it in the first place, even though he was paid to do so. When contacted again to fix the problem, he attempted to charge another large fee to do what he should've done before. When asked for a written copy of what he'd done, he ignored our requests, telling my mother that he had sent them to me, not realizing that we live in the same house. When finally backed into a corner, refused to handle the case any further regardless of what he had been paid. He has collected thousands of dollars and done nothing. Should he be responsible to fix this? What should I do to get this corrected ASAP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back