Need Help Get a Refund for Medical Services Not Rendered

krtrudel02

Jurisdiction
South Carolina
I received medical services at Rock Hill OB/GYN start in July for pregnancy. The clinic demanded my full part of what my insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield) wouldn't cover for my delivery up front, which was required to keep my next appointment. September 26th I had my last appointment there and moved to Massachusetts.
My insurance paid the clinic for my 9/26 appointment on 9/30. I called on 9/30 to the payment center to request a refund. They "initiated the refund." I have called back every week since to no avail. "We made it a high priority." "I don't know why you haven't received a refund yet." I finally got a hold of a supervisor on 12/4. She, customer service manager, stated all she had to do was verify my address and in 7-10 days I would receive my refund via check in the mail. I called this morning to get a date on when the check was mailed out, and I was told the refund process only STARTED on 12/4 and I would have to wait an additional 12 weeks to receive a check, for the medical services never rendered.
My daughter is due 2/10, so I have a large medical bill coming up, I want my refunded money so I can use it to pay for my delivery. What more can I do, I keep getting the run around.

Not sure what you expect anyone here to say. If you're owed a refund and aren't receiving it, your recourse is to sue. You can also make a complaint to the state department of insurance.

Not sure what you expect anyone here to say. If you're owed a refund and aren't receiving it, your recourse is to sue. You can also make a complaint to the state department of insurance.

I was looking for an answer as to what step I could take next. I was unaware of being able to file a complaint. I will try that before pursuing a lawyer. Thank you.

Back