Need agreement termination doc - flat fee - 1 page if possible

Idaho_Mike

Jurisdiction
Arizona
As a tech freelancer, I am sometimes brought into projects by companies who end up messing up the project, or always pay me late, causing me to leave the project. At such a point, the client, whom we are both ultimately working for, would sometimes like to reach out, to retain me directly, realizing at this point that I am the indispensable talent in the project.

The problem is that in just about every case, the intermediary and I already have an agreement in place with standard considerations, such as non-compete clauses, NDAs, and a non-solicitation agreement.

Therefore, technically speaking, I could be setting myself up for legal issues if I even accept a call from the end client to negotiate to work for them directly, and cut out the intermediary.

What I need is standard copy for a document that I can have the intermediary sign, in order to revoke/cancel all previous agreements between them and myself, thusly freeing me up to work directly for their client, without any fear of any survive-ability loop-holes from any previous agreements / contracts with the intermediary.

This would be feasible in certain cases, because, if the intermediary does not sign the doc I present, the client would hold the intermediary accountable for the ultimate failure of the project, and possibly, the intermediary could lose other substantial business with the client.

Last edited:
Cool story. Do you have a question?

Or are you actually soliciting anonymous strangers on the internet to prepare legal documents for you?

@KatDini thanks for starting with an interesting statement, upon which I can start basing meaningful questions. The first would be this: if the jurisdiction of the agreement is in AZ, should I not find an attorney in AZ to draw the doc? I would think that if I use a legal resource in the same state as the original agreement, he/she would be more aware of possible loop-holes applicable to the state of jurisdiction of the original draft. I am curious why it is that hiring an attorney in my own state would be more beneficial.

Back