Need advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron_M

I bought or paid for auto parts from someone off the iternet. I sent him a money order, in which he emailed me that he got it and would ship the parts the next day. He never did. I have emailed him several times with no response from him. I found this part on a message forum so I emailed the message forum moderators and they emailed him. He then said he shipped several parts and mine got missplaced and didn't get shipped. He requested my home address again, which I sent him and he still hasn't sent my parts. In my several emails to him I asked several times for a tracking number, which he said he would supply but never has. He sent me an email saying he got the money order on Jan 17, 02. I still haven't got my parts and I am ready for some kind of legal action.

Any suggestions? I am looking into the Internet Fraud Complaint Center, getting ready to file a complait. Today, 2-24-02 I emailed him that he has until 3-1-02 to send me my parts or my money back or I was going to take legal action, fraud & deception.

I have all emails I sent to him, that I got from him, that I sent to the moderators of the message forum. I also have the thread that I started on the message board.

Sounds like you have a case against him. You may want to request punitive damages from a judge if it goes to court. In addition, you may want to report his activities to the Better Business Bureau and the relevant state Attorney General for fraud.

If you negotiate the return of your money, you may also demand additional money from your costs as part of your settlement.

For those of you interested in the Fraud Center, the address is:

http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

Its mission is stated as follows:

IFCC's mission is to address fraud committed over the Internet. For victims of Internet fraud, IFCC provides a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of a suspected criminal or civil violation. For law enforcement and regulatory agencies at all levels, IFCC offers a central repository for complaints related to Internet fraud, works to quantify fraud patterns, and provides timely statistical data of current fraud trends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back