need advise

C

cassidy null

Jurisdiction
Mississippi
I have three boys that I have took care of the last seven years solely by myself. Their father hasn't made contact for last three years was just in and out before that. He has 5560 child support warrant and not fit to raise kids due to mental and drug problems. Last week I got pulled over and took to jail on a warrant that he had issued falsely of domestic violence while incarcerate and put on hold without getting make a phone call or anything for three days and no reason for police to hold me he got an emergency custody hearing and took my boys under more false alligatations. The police wouldn't set my bond till after he had court and got boys. When bonded out justice court set date of court same day as my chancery court to get my boys back. I called justice court and they wouldn't reschedule my court and my kids are my life so I went to chancery court now have another warrant for sue to failure to appear and I feel wronged for jot getting defend myself on his false alligatations. He still has my kids until guardian ad lidam completes investigation my boys are crying every night and want to come home and it killing me this is hurting my boys more than anything I'm a good mother and have never put my boys in any harm. Please what can I do I can't afford an attorney and I feel like my rights as a citizen and mother have been violated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest you address your criminal charges. Appear in court ASAP, plead not guilty, request a public defender, and once you've taken care of your criminal case, you can work on getting your family problems corrected.

Unlike criminal court, family court matters generally require you to hire an attorney, unless you try to operate pro se.

Not much more we can do for you, tell you, other than I wish you can get your life turned around. Good luck.

I suggest you address your criminal charges. Appear in court ASAP, plead not guilty, request a public defender, and once you've taken care of your criminal case, you can work on getting your family problems corrected.

Unlike criminal court, family court matters generally require you to hire an attorney, unless you try to operate pro se.

Not much more we can do for you, tell you, other than I wish you can get your life turned around. Good luck.

My life was fine my ex had me charged with domestic violence when I wasn't even around him and have witnesses that can state that. I devote my life to my kids I don't do drugs or go party or anything. If it a crime to sit home and be with my kids then maybe I could understand the system. He was allowed to make false statement against me and then have my kids took under false statements my kids are crying and upset wanting to come home this not fair I went to chancery court instead of justice because my kids more important I pay the fine I get for his lies but I will fight for my kids family is first

My life was fine my ex had me charged with domestic violence when I wasn't even around him and have witnesses that can state that. I devote my life to my kids I don't do drugs or go party or anything. If it a crime to sit home and be with my kids then maybe I could understand the system. He was allowed to make false statement against me and then have my kids took under false statements my kids are crying and upset wanting to come home this not fair I went to chancery court instead of justice because my kids more important I pay the fine I get for his lies but I will fight for my kids family is first

Your call, boss.
If you get arrested for that "failure to appear", you won't be able to participate in your domestic and family court issues.
You really need to address the warrant, as you could be arrested over a long holiday weekend, and find yourself sitting in jail two or three days before you get to see a judge.

Back