Domestic Violence & Civil Orders Need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skymann1989

I went to jail for the first time because of getting in a verbal fight with my girlfriend of 5 years. Im really scared because nothing like this has ever happened to me before and have court soon and may be charged with false imprisonment and theft.

The fight started because I didn't come to bed because i fell asleep on the couch watching tv. I Woke up to upset girlfriend the next morning who just wanted me to come to bed and a bunch of texts explain that. and we started arguing over petty things and it just escalated from there. I said I wasn't going to move to woodland park anymore and she got more upset and said she was going to leave for me for good. So I went back to watching TV ignoring her and she was not happy that we couldn't talk it out so she said she was going to text my dad. I wanted to see her phone to see what she said. she wouldn't let me have it and she put it somewhere. I tried calling it to locate the phone and it wasn't ringing. We started fighting again and she wanted the keys and I gave her xterra keys and she was upset because she wanted the jeep(the newer vehicle with 4 wheel drive). I told her I wasn't going to give her the jeep keys because I paid for all the payments so far except insurance which her parents paid for. She replied "it doesn't matter the car is registered in my name"… after a while she gave up on finding the jeep keys while continuing to argue. She then blamed me for her phone being lost because she couldn't find it. I told her if she didn't find it soon ill help. She was upset and thought I wasn't telling her the truth about where her phone was. She then asked for my phone.. i told her no but I would call who ever she wanted as long as I was holding it on speaker phone because I thought she was going to take mine. She didn't want to that. So I asked her if she wanted food to try to diffuse the situation and switch topics of blaming me for her missing phone. She said no so I decide to make her a s'more anyways because it was the first thing I thought of and thought if she did eat it she would be less angry. But she didn't want it so I ate it. Then realizing I hadn't eat anything and didn't even have a appetite for the smore I decide to eat some edibles thinking its bad to only have a s'more as my only real food allday. She went back to bedroom for a while and came out no longer angry and instead crying. I asked her if I can help in anyway and she told me don't talk to me and walked out she left with no keys. So I walked out side with the xterra keys to give to her and saw her talking to someone and using someone's phone thinking she was going to leave to a friends. So I go back inside and because I saw that she was using someone else's phone I began looking for hers because I realized she was telling the truth about loosing her phone. After a quick search I give up and decided to smoke oil and try to forget about the fact she just left me. I decide to turn the stove on and make another smore and probably have some soup after that. So I preheat the stove and start cleaning up the cushions that I moved when looking for phone. The police showed up and I was shocked that she called them. I told them I was looking for the phone and gave them both sets of keys. They also asked what I was smoking I told them oil. They then put me in handcuffs. I was shocked that I was being arrested and realized it was prolly because I wouldn't give her the jeep keys.

I do believe she didn't want this to happen to me and wants to still continue to be with me in a healthy relationship. I just don't know what to do or what do u think is going to happen to me? Im scarred and alone. Because we are not allowed to talk till after I go to court. We have never been apart for this long and she keeps trying to contact me..

Though you shared plenty about the downfall of your life, you neglected to mention what you were charged with. You need a lawyer fast.

It doesn't sound like a healthy relationship at all. You sound as if you are a bit controlling. Your drug use probably does not help the situation either, even if legal.
If you were served a temporary restraining order and can't contact her I am betting you were arrested on a domestic violence charge. That can be very bad for you and you should be talking to an attorney who can represent you in court.
Look into counseling for both your relationship and your drug use- they likely can not coexist.

Sweetheart, 99% of that was the retelling of a teen-type argument. You guys need to not be together. Seriously.

You do need to speak with an attorney. I'm not exactly sure how much of a real defense you have (you seem to be admitting to at least something vaguely similar).

You need to definitely get a lawyer & talk only to the lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back