need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve35906

three weeks ago i had a heart cath, i cracked on the male nurse as they were getting me ready.i kept wondering when they were going to give me the shot where you dont care.i've had 19 heart caths and 7 of them were heart attacks i have 17 stints each stint means a potential heart attack. anyway the doctor ordered versaid 2 mils x 2and the nurse called back versaid 2 mils x 2. but it was never administered. versaid is supposed to make you frget what happens while they work on you. for the next 45 minutes i endured torture begging and pleading for them to give me something that i was not out at one point the tech on my right said oh yes you are you just dont know it.i'm not supposed to remember that i remember everything that happened people leaving and comming back and how long they weregone
i also remember the pain when they cut into my leg and when they put the shunt in the cord running up my artery when they shot the die in the nurse said your legs are going to feel like they are on fire and believe me they did now if i was out i would not remember what he said and the pain of the dye.like i said i was tortured for 45 mins.
a formal complaint was lodged against the cath lab so what. i will not submit myself to another cath which means i have chosen to have the heartattack before i will voluntarily have it done. i feel what they did to me was wrong but what can i do. it's my word even though the people in the cath lab admitted to wrong they blame it on dr and dr blames it on the lab.

What happened with the formal complaint and who was the complaint filed with? What state are you posting from? Did you sustain any injury, other than the "torture", during or directly after the procedure?

Contact the hospital and find out how the incident was documented and ask what the status is of the complaint you filed. Request copies of the complaint and any other documentation of the inoident and request a copy of your medical records, especially ensuring that the copies inlcude the time period that the incident happened. Then, consult a lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back