Naturalization, Citizenship Need Advice Please ! Citizenship & Divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

citizenship

Hi , i am permanent resident since 6 years and planing to apply for citizenship but in the mean time we filed divorce and divorce procces takes about 3 months ,

in N-400 application Part B-A says ( i have been lawful permanent resident atleast 5 years )

and Part B-B says ( i have been permanent resident atleast 3 years and i have been married to living with same U.S citizen for the last three years) .

my question is, in application N-400 if i check box Part B-B which says i am still married with U.S citizen , i know citizenship process will take about 5 months , during this time i will be divorced from my wife , how would it be effect my citizenship ? need a advise please.

Hi , i am permanent resident since 6 years and planing to apply for citizenship but in the mean time we filed divorce and divorce procces takes about 3 months ,

in N-400 application Part B-A says ( i have been lawful permanent resident atleast 5 years )

and Part B-B says ( i have been permanent resident atleast 3 years and i have been married to living with same U.S citizen for the last three years) .

my question is, in application N-400 if i check box Part B-B which says i am still married with U.S citizen , i know citizenship process will take about 5 months , during this time i will be divorced from my wife , how would it be effect my citizenship ? need a advise please.

You have had your GC for six years so you don't need to married to a citizen to get citizenship. You are fine even if you divorce before you file..........It would not change the speed of getting citizenship. So you can qualify by using just part B-A.

You have had your GC for six years so you don't need to married to a citizen to get citizenship. You are fine even if you divorce before you file..........It would not change the speed of getting citizenship. So you can qualify by using just part B-A.

Thanks for the answer sir ,

i have another question . me and my wife filed divorce 2 weeks ago and it will take 2-3 months that means if i apply for citizenship now i will be divorced when my citizenship interview comes ,

now in application N-400 Part 3/G asking my marital status , i really don`t know what should i say divorced or ?

another question in N-400 Part 8/F about my Marital History asking me that ending date of my previus marriage which we are still married but will be divorced before my citizenship interview.

please if you can help me out i will be apreciated and sorry about my english .

Best Regards,

Then attache an extra sheet explaining your current situation. On that part of the form answer the question as married and put there that you are in the process of trying to get a job. It would not fit in the space so just write somewhere there for them to refer to the attachment for an explanation. Or put married and explain the divorce thing when you get to the interview.

Then attache an extra sheet explaining your current situation. On that part of the form answer the question as married and put there that you are in the process of trying to get a job. It would not fit in the space so just write somewhere there for them to refer to the attachment for an explanation. Or put married and explain the divorce thing when you get to the interview.

Thanks for explanation sir and the only part i did not understand was in your answer , what do you mean by saying ( you are in the process of trying to get a job ) i just did not get it i am really sorry,

thanks for taking your valuable time and trying to help me out .

Best Regards,

Thanks for explanation sir and the only part i did not understand was in your answer , what do you mean by saying ( you are in the process of trying to get a job ) i just did not get it i am really sorry,

thanks for taking your valuable time and trying to help me out .

Best Regards,

Sorry.............I meant to say you are in the process of getting a divorce not a job. My bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back