Eviction Process Need advice on how to Evict my EX.

Elizabeth77

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I have a ex living with me and I wanted to know the process to evict her. We have been living in this home for over a year now, however we are no longer together as of the past couple of months. We verbally agreed that she would move out in a couple of weeks, but since that conversation she has told me that she is not moving. She verbally abusive and at times I fear for my safety. I have not reported anything to the police or my landlord. She has been living rent free and is NOT on the lease. Please let me know the steps/actions I need to take to evict her. Thank you

I have a ex living with me and I wanted to know the process to evict her. We have been living in this home for over a year now, however we are no longer together as of the past couple of months. We verbally agreed that she would move out in a couple of weeks, but since that conversation she has told me that she is not moving. She verbally abusive and at times I fear for my safety. I have not reported anything to the police or my landlord. She has been living rent free and is NOT on the lease. Please let me know the steps/actions I need to take to evict her. Thank you

If you are the victim of domestic violence immediately report the incident to the police. If the police upon investigation believe you we're a domestic abuse victim you can obtain an emergency order of protection, or maybe GA calls it a restraining order.

That's the quickest way, often the offender is ordered out or removed by the police. The offender is eventually told to stay at least 500, maybe 1,000 feet away for you for a year or two.

If there is no abuse, just arguing, you'll ave to evict her formally.

Read this how to:

Evictions (Georgia)

For more details, Google "your county, Ga - eviction of a roommate"

Now, if both names are on the lease, you need to talk to the landlord.
Only the LL can evict either or both of you.
You're both equal tenants.

In this predicament people often pay the other one $500, $1,000, or whatever it takes to get the goon gone.
You draw up a contract, sign it, and pay only after all her junk has been removed, and the keys are in your hands.

Think about what works for you and go for it. Good luck.

Back