Need advice: Identity theft/burglary caused by my on-site apartment manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

david88smith

I'm residing in California and I'm looking for legal advice on a horrible situation that I'm facing.

My previous on-site apartment manager got into my apartment while I was not home and stole lots of my financial and personal information such as credit cards, personal checks and copies of my whole family's social security cards, etc. He has already made numerious fraudulent charges on my credit card. I've reported this incident to the police and put fraud alert on my credit file. (The police were able to track him down because he used my credit card to pay for his traffic ticket!) He has moved out of my apartment complex but he committed the crime when he was still employed by our apartment management company. My whole family and I now have lots of concerns about our future financial records.

My question is: Can I sue my apartment management company due to negligence? Any pointers/referrals on what actions I should take against my apartment management company? Do you know any lawyers who specialize in this kind of situation? Any where I can get some free legal consultation? Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back