Need Advice for annulment

I still have my original 1971 copy of Carole King's Tapestry.

She has done some great stuff.
Tapestry was her best IMO.
Yes, I too, retained a few of those old 33s.
Tapestry rests in my special collection.

Hi,

Please help me out here. I moved in to my girlfriends place and we applied for a marriage license together to get married. Later we had an argument and I was not as inclined as before to get married. We got the license and then when she asked me to sign, I said I didn't want too, so she threatened to kick me out of her apartment. Out of sheer panic and heightened emotional stress I signed the document and asked her not to mail it for a week. She ended up mailing the marriage certificate the same day. We later had another argument and I ended up having to leave the place. Now the signed marriage certificate is on its way to the Denver clerk office. Can anyone on this forum provide me with options to annul the marriage? Whats a good way to about this? I don't want have my relationship status as divorced. Please help.

Update:

We signed and mailed the certificate and marked it as self solemnized. Now I text her about getting a copy of the marriage certificate, she says check the clerks database, we're not married or the marriage is already annulled.

Update:

We signed and mailed the certificate and marked it as self solemnized. Now I text her about getting a copy of the marriage certificate, she says check the clerks database, we're not married or the marriage is already annulled.
I think it's very likely that you ARE married. Give it time to get in to the system.

Update:

i know, you admitted as much above.

The words were the same, but I can read between the lines.

If you read what has been posted on page 1, there is a way out for you, mate.

Back