need advice, ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraz717

my husband left on a trip to mexico, and a friend of my daughters' saw him in zacatecas mexico, with another woman and two small children. he is having an affair. my daughters friend took a picture of him with the woman and the children, and he is carrying the smallest boy and the woman is carrying the other boy.
i want to divorce from him, we dont talk, and my friends tell me that he has me mentally manipulated, some tell me to leave my house, to leave everything, but im scared that if i do ask for the divorce he'll leave me on the street with no money or anything. every property he has bought is under his name and also the house in which i live in.
all my daughters are over age, the youngest one lives with us.he doesnt give us money, were totally dependant on him.
our marriage agreement is one that entitles him to all the rights on our properties, money and so on.
im desperate, i dont know what to do.

you guys need to find jobs. This man is not responsible for supporting your adult kids. since you know a divorce is in the near future you should seek an attorney and find employment. Since your husband is the sole breadwinner its possible the court will make him pay your attorneys fees. Did you sign a pre-nup? How long have you been married?

our marriage agreement is one that entitles him to all the rights on our properties, money and so on.

What does this mean if you didn't sign a pre-nup? Normally, without a pre-nup, everything your husband owns is considered marital property, yours and his. There are a couple of exceptions, but after 37 years you should be entitled to a share of everything.

You do need to see an attorney. Ask about temporary spousal support, as well as finding a job.

Good Luck

about 15 years ago, my husband made me sign a paper that he didnt even let me read, andi have found out recently that apparently it says that now theres separation of rights, so i dont have rights of things.
can he legaly make alterations like these to our marriage agreements?

married a bigamist in Nevada

Hello there - can anyone tell me how I go about getting annulment in State of Nevada? I have grounds of bigamy, but since he and I live in UK does anyone know if I can get annulment by post? The names of the relevant forms?
Many thanks

Hello there - can anyone tell me how I go about getting annulment in State of Nevada? I have grounds of bigamy, but since he and I live in UK does anyone know if I can get annulment by post? The names of the relevant forms?
Many thanks

You are supposed to start a new thread when you want help or advice. Otherwise, you're hijacking another person's thread, and you may not get any help. However, here's a link to Nevada annulment forms. (BTW-Divorce is generally easier and faster.)
http://www.clarkcountycourts.us/shc/Annulment/self_help_annulment.htm
If you have any more questions, please start your own thread, and include your original question.

about 15 years ago, my husband made me sign a paper that he didnt even let me read, andi have found out recently that apparently it says that now theres separation of rights, so i dont have rights of things.
can he legaly make alterations like these to our marriage agreements?
I really don't know, although I doubt it. You need to see a lawyer ASAP. If you can get a copy of the document, take it with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back