Need Advice about a judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacked1817

Hi All! I recently found out that I still have a judgement against me for an auto accident in Pennsylvania in 1999. Part of the judgement was supposed to be settled in 2002 by a title agency through which I bought my house. They never sent the check they were supposed to and now the judgement is still showing up on my record and they have suspended my driving priveldges in Pennsylvania. The only reason that I found out about this judgement is because I live and Maine and went to get a maine license and the issue of suspension came up. Now I have two questions is there a statute of limitations once they judgement is entered against you?? The second is do I have any legal recourse against the title company that never sent the check?? Please give me any advice on this matter and I would like to clear this up asap.

Q: Now I have two questions is there a statute of limitations once they judgement is entered against you?? The second is do I have any legal recourse against the title company that never sent the check??

A: Yes and yes.

How do I find out what the statute of limitations is after the judgement is entered against me and what is my legal recourse against the title company??

SOL runs for PA judgments in five years but can be renewed. In CA they last ten years and can be renewed indefinitely. Call/write the court in which the case was heard and request all documentation in the file (you will most likely have to pay for this). If a renewal was filed, it'll be in there. I would guess you can go after the title company for breach of duty, assuming the SOL hasn't run and they are still in business. I would talk to an attorney regarding both issues. The internet can only help so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back