Need a simple answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid66792001

I am an immigrant worker working in technology field. I work for a reputed MNC. I am here on an intra company transfer (L1B as it is known). After I cam here, salary policy was revised and was cut down to minimum wage. I am finding it difficult to continue my livelihood in an expensive big city. I want to go back, but I am not allowed because client does not want. If I have to go back then I have to resign. The only problem is I have to pay $5000 in addition to the airfare from my pocket (they asked me to sign a letter detailing that and if I did not sign then my salary could not be continued). I do not know what to do and I am losing my mental peace over this. Please advise. I am very interested to resign immediately if that is possible. I am in Northern California.

BTW, you will be shocked to know the identity of my employer, one of the big names in s/w product and consulting. I really do not have enough money to fight the legal sword such a behemoth can attack with.

Thanks in advance.

Oh I forgot to say

I can not pay that damn $5000 after I buy the ticket. I do not want to pay this money

Last edited:
You want this compnay to pay for your trip back!? That isnt going to happen. Consult an Attorney to see what right you do have. Was there a contract involved in your hiring? If so what does it say about terminating employment or any other promises?

You got it wrong. I do not expect them to pay for my trip back. All I want to know whether I have to pay money to resign or not. I know the question is amusing if you have worked in USA because such a practice is usually unseen here. I am a regular employee and my contract with company does not say anything about termination in another country. What does that mean then?

You want this compnay to pay for your trip back!? That isnt going to happen. Consult an Attorney to see what right you do have. Was there a contract involved in your hiring? If so what does it say about terminating employment or any other promises?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back