Nasty neighbors/useless landlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

dregner

My neighbors upstairs are letting their dogs urinate on their balcony, which urine then drips through the cracks of the plank balcony floor and lands on my balcony. I have reported this time and time again to management and also to corporate when I got no help from the on-site landlord. After each complaint my neighbors retaliate by stomping loudly on the floor for long periods of time and by playing loud music during "quiet hours". I have had to resort to calling the local police on one occasion. What can I do? I have been in this same apartment for 3 years now and have 10 months to go on my present lease.

The neighbors are not going to change.

Your choices: (a) move or (2) put up with it.

So I don't have any recourse against the apartment complex for denying me "peaceful enjoyment" of the premises?

You might want to research your local landlord and tenant laws to see if you have any recourse. Some cities have a mediation dept set up for these types of issues.

You can also ask that management company to move you to another unit when one opens.

I would continue calling the police on loud music, eventually your neighbors will get cited.

There has to be some sort of ordinance on the animal waste too.

Q: So I don't have any recourse against the apartment complex for denying me "peaceful enjoyment" of the premises?

A: Your post does not mention anything about the apartment complex denying you peaceful enjoyment. How is the apartment complex denying you peaceful enjoyment?

Q: So I don't have any recourse against the apartment complex for denying me "peaceful enjoyment" of the premises?

A: Your post does not mention anything about the apartment complex denying you peaceful enjoyment. How is the apartment complex denying you peaceful enjoyment?

Simply by the fact that I am unable to be on my patio/balcony for fear of being the recipient of a "golden shower". Isn't that enough?

Simply by the fact that I am unable to be on my patio/balcony for fear of being the recipient of a "golden shower". Isn't that enough?

Answer the question: How is the apartment complex denying you peaceful enjoyment?

By refusing to address the situation - they said it was a dispute between me and them and we had to learn to get along.

By refusing to address the situation - they said it was a dispute between me and them and we had to learn to get along.

The apartment complex has no control over you or the bad people.

So it's OK for my upstairs neighbor to let their dog pee on me? That's an undesignated area if I ever heard of one! Maybe I could suggest to them that they save it up in a bucket and then dump it all at once so that it will at least happen less frequently.

Q: So it's OK for my upstairs neighbor to let their dog pee on me?

A: I didn't say anything remotely resembling that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back