Name issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyz1236

I live in Middle East. I have a question. Let's say my first name Is "X" . My second name or middle name Is "Y". And my Last/Family name is "Z". My birth certificate has my name as "X Y " . All my school report cards and other documents have got the same on them. BUT I want to use my Family name "Z" too. What if write my name as "X Y Z" when I apply for CNIC? And the same when I apply in a Professional college? And same when I apply for a passport? I mean it still has my First (X) and Middle name (Y) but with addition of Last name(Z). Help me out.

This site deals with US law. US law and the laws of other countries are not the same. For information on the laws of your unnamed country you will need to consult a legal professional who practices in the jurisdiction where this is taking place.

I live in Middle East. I have a question. Let's say my first name Is "X" . My second name or middle name Is "Y". And my Last/Family name is "Z". My birth certificate has my name as "X Y " . All my school report cards and other documents have got the same on them. BUT I want to use my Family name "Z" too. What if write my name as "X Y Z" when I apply for CNIC? And the same when I apply in a Professional college? And same when I apply for a passport? I mean it still has my First (X) and Middle name (Y) but with addition of Last name(Z). Help me out.

Why doesn't "Z" appear on your birth certificate?

Why doesn't "Z" appear on your birth certificate?

Because there was only one space given and "name" was asked. So my parents wrote only my name X and Y.

This site deals with US law. US law and the laws of other countries are not the same. For information on the laws of your unnamed country you will need to consult a legal professional who practices in the jurisdiction where this is taking place.

What would have been your advice If I were in US?

There are at least 51 sets of laws in the US - Federal and then each of the 50 states. It's pointless to guess what the answer might have been had you been in the US since any one of those sets of laws might have been the primary set in effect.

Not to mention the fact that it doesn't matter a damn what US law says - you are not in the US and therefore US law does not apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back