My wife wants a divorce after 25 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edarguelles

I need some advice. My wife has recently told me that she wants a divorce. She doesn't love me any more. I told her that I still love her and I don't want to go to that extreme without seeking marrriage counseling. She agreed, but is determined to get out of our marriage. She says it has been building for years. I have only known of her intention to divorce for just over a week, and we haven't really spoken (or anything else) for about 7 weeks now.
She has asked me to move out. I decided that since I was not the one asking to dissolve the marriage, that I thought she should move out. Of course, this made her angrier. We have three children (2 boys 22 & 19, and a girl 17). She says that they would rather be with her than with me. She has been nothing but angry everytime I try to speak with her about our relationship.
Besides being devistated and heart-broken, do I have a right to ask her to move out? How should I proceed in order to protect myself?
We cannot afford musch in leagal fees, and finding another plasce to live will strain our finances. Her parents live by themselves 6 blocks away, and her brother is single and has a house just a mile away. My family is not that near and I cannot disrupt their families lives. It sseems to make sense for her to move, doesn't it?

Thanks in advance!

ED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back