my wife and myself moved in with her mother then her mother put me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowen91

me and my wife moved from my home town where i was working and providing for us and our child to alexandria (outside d.c.) with her mother. I began looking for a job and such but had conflict with her mother on multiple occassions. Her mother disapproves of our marriage but obvliously has no say so. After me being up there a month and waiting on the results of a background check, she tells her daughter to ask me when i want to leave, that she is buying my a bus ticket back to my home town. after unwillingly packing my stuff to avoid problems with law enforcment and being accompanied to the bus stop to be made sure i left, i was seperated from my wife and daughter. After returning to my home town I was informed I had been approved to work the job but obliviously couldn't. Her mother got what she wanted but now im homeless and without a job. I want my family back, are there any legal measures i can take?

Last edited:
Why not work to better your situation where you are and have your wife and child join you?

This happened back in October of this past year. I have been attempting to do such but being half blind not many people are lining up to offer me a job. I have been applying for aid left and right but to no avail because I'm homeless without an address to list.

So what you are looking for is a law you can invoke that will force your mother in law to allow you to live with her?

Or alternately, that will allow you to sue her for putting you out?

Not necessarily force but allow me the opportunity to achieve what I originally planned to do. Better provide for my wife and daughter. And if one would not exist then yes sue.

Not necessarily force but allow me the opportunity to achieve what I originally planned to do. Better provide for my wife and daughter. And if one would not exist then yes sue.

You had a choice. You chose to leave.

You could have chosen to stay. Had you chosen to stay, your mother-in-law would have been forced to go to court and evict you.

You had another choice, not to accept and use a bus ticket. Again, you chose to take the bus ticket and departed for your hometown.

You can forget a lawsuit, unless you wish to choose unwisely, AGAIN. WHY? Because, the law you are searching for doesn't exist.

Your mother-in-law isn't required to house you. However, your mother-in-law can decide to house her daughter and the children of your marriage.

Your wife made a choice, when she waved good bye to you and chose her mother's hospitality over the marriage you believed you had.

Sorry, buddy, you're not a child. You're a married man with a child (maybe children) to support.

Life is tough, and no one owes you anything.

You must earn whatever it is you desire or require.

Oh, you can choose to go rogue, and a lead a life of crime. That might work for a little while.

But, the law always catches up to miscreants.

You are where you chose to be, buddy.

You've landed where the bus took you.

You're free to return to Alexandria and rejoin your family, if your wife still wants to be with you.

You can buy your wife a bus ticket and ask your wife to come home.

You're also free to seek a divorce from your wife who seems to enjoy the safety of mama's fine home.

Whatever you choose, I wish you well.

Last edited:
There is no requirement your MIL support you. There is no law requiring your wife to stay with you. I would be surprised if she is not preparing for divorce.

You were not forced to do anything. Why not take the new job and live somewhere else in Alexandria? Get yourself established then bring your family in.

Are you sure your family wants you back - your wife did let you go. I'm not saying she doesn't - just that she went along with her Mother & let you go & alone. You said you are homeless. You might try the United Way - they have access to many agencies & maybe one/some can help you. Good luck. Maybe if you can get a job eventually, your family will decide to join you.

How does this relate to your other thread about wanting your non bio daughter to be yours and keep Bio Dad out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back