my vehicles towed and impounded but the driver didn't have my consent

ngunitman29

vehicle was towed and.impounded for being parked at a business but I give no consent allowing anyone to operate my vehicle, I was in custody and now im suppose to pay some outrages towing fee and storage fee. I had valid drivers license,insurance, and registrations. it broke down in the parking lot and he left it there for several days and the business had it towed.

vehicle was towed and.impounded for being parked at a business but I give no consent allowing anyone to operate my vehicle, I was in custody and now im suppose to pay some outrages towing fee and storage fee. I had valid drivers license,insurance, and registrations. it broke down in the parking lot and he left it there for several days and the business had it towed.

You can report the vehicle stolen, if it was used without your consent.
However, the police may not consider it stolen if the alleged perpetrator had access to the keys, and had used your vehicle in the past.
You might be able to bring a small claims lawsuit against the person who drove and then abandoned your vehicle.
That is often very disappointing, even if you prevail.
This may be one the many times in life where you are forced to eat it, just eat it!

Last edited:

Who took the car? Was this a person who has operated the vehicle in the past? Have you called the police and asked to report the car stolen and have this person arrested for stealing your car?

And if you have not already done so, I would recommend retrieving the car before the fees rack up any higher. You can then sue your friend for your expenses. If ytou leave it in the impound lot, the fees will continue to rack up and you could find the vehicle sold off to help pay for those expenses, and you may very well be sued for any balance owed after it is sold at auction.

Back